Here are some frequently asked questions about shop
|1||What is included in my Made By Her Membership?|
|2||What do I do first when getting set up?|
|3||What should I include in my Seller/Product Policy|
|4||How do I add a product?|
|5||How do I set up shipping?|
|6||How do I sync products from my Shopify store?|
|7||How do I sync products from my Etsy shop?|
|8||How do I sync products from my Woocommerce Shop?|
|9||How can I bulk edit products to add product tags?|
|10||Does Made By Her send out 1099 tax forms?|
|11||Do I need to charge sales tax? (U.S. Only)|
Here are details about faqs
Welcome to the Made By Her family! Here are a few steps to get you started:
1. Select your Membership Plan
2. Set up your Stripe Payment account through Orders > Stripe Connect Config (*This will be required for payouts when you get a sale)
3. Set up your online booth, upload your Seller Profile Photo, Seller Shop Logo, give a Short Store Description, share your story with customers in the Detailed Store Description (how you got started, what inspires you the most, any special meaning behind your business name, etc.)
4. Add products! (*We have a full tutorial for this also listed in our Shop FAQ)
- Add your Made By Her booth link to your social media
- Add your Made By Her booth link to your email signature
- Share on social media that you're now part of the Made By Her family! (We'll give you a shoutout back!)
- Follow us on Instagram (if you aren't already!) @madebyher_marketplace
- Follow us on Facebook (if you haven't already!) @madebyhermarketplace
- Join our Facebook Sellers Group where we announce new artists and sellers can announce new products
- Spread the word about our marketplace with your friends and family and help support your fellow female artists!
Product Listing Page Explained Step-By-Step:
- Choose Product: all products will be considered a "Normal Product"
- Product Name: this will be what shows up as the product listing title
- Product Type: please choose from the list of preset Product Types we have available (this is so we get better SEO with Shopify). To see the full list, click on "View Type Listing". Then, once you've found the best fit for your product, go back to the product listing page and start typing it in; it will then show up in the drop down menu and you can select it from there.
* If you simply click the drop down menu, it will only show you a limited version of the list, not all the ones available.
** Also, if you do not see one that fits for your product, please email us at email@example.com and we can look to see if Shopify has one that does.
- Product Descriptions: please include in your product descriptions your estimated shipping time, return policy, and any other policies you have for customers. It is also best if you list main qualities of your piece within the first line of your description; this helps with SEO. (For example: 30 x 30 inch Oil Painting on Canvas)
- Product Tags: when adding product tags, you will need to type in the tag then hit "enter". This will create one tag, then you can do the same for any others you want to create. (You do not need quotations around the tag, just the word/phrase you want to use.) If you try to put a comma in between each one then hit "enter" at the end, it will recognize everything as one tag.
- Shipping: IF YOU DO NOT SET UP SHIPPING FOR YOUR PRODUCTS, CUSTOMERS CANNOT COMPLETE THEIR PURCHASES. Whether you manually input your products or import them, a Shipping Method must be selected for every product otherwise the customer will get an error message at checkout. (*Be sure to check the box that says "Requires Shipping" otherwise the customer will not be asked to input their shipping address.) You can read more about this in our Shipping Tutorial.
- Pricing Details: the "Price" is what you want the item listed for. the "Compare At Price" is if the product usually costs more and you've listed it on sale. (For example, if an item is usually $100 but you are listing the product for $75, you would put $100 in the "Compare At Price" box and $75 in the "Price" box.)
- Adding Variant(s):
Select what type of Variant you want to create under "Option Name" (for example: Size)
Type what the different variables are under "Option Value" (for example: "Small" and "Large")
*If using a Desktop, hit Return/Enter after each Option Value entered
*If using a Mobile Device, hit Go or tap outside the Option Value box after each Option Value is entered
(Pricing can be changed later)
Click Save (at the bottom)
The price for ALL variables will default to the price entered in the initial "Price" content box. If you want to make it so different variables have different prices, go back to the Variants section and click Edit where you want to change the price. You can then enter the price you want to set for that Variant.
Click Save again.
**Special Note - Saving Data: The product listing details area, while on the same page, is different than the area where you upload your Profile Photo and Logo. If you edit information on the Product Listing Details side, be sure to click Save before uploading a photo. If you try to add photos right after changing any product listing details, your information may be lost.
- Image Size - please try to make all images .JPEG format with a pixel size of about 1000 x 1000. If you need to compress your photos, this can either be done with the photo editor on your computer or you can CLICK HERE to do it online. (*This greatly improves our website speed if images are this size and not larger.)
- Collections: You must select at least one Collection your product falls within. Please select the least number of sub-categories as possible so as not to cause crowding in the marketplace for our customers.
> Other Arts and Other Unique Finds - Every item in the marketplace could technically fit within these options; however, they were ONLY created for items that do not fit within other Collections.
Example 1: If your product fits within the main Ceramics collection (under any sub-category), please do not select "Other Unique Finds" as well for your product already has a Collection it fits within.
Example 2: If you product fits within of the other Other Arts sub-categories (such as Glasswork or Woodwork), you would not need to select "Other Unique Finds" because your product already has a Sub Category it fits within.
- Product Handle: you can leave this blank, the product title will automatically be used for this
- Title Tag Meta Field - the title of your product page if it were to come up in a Google Search. We recommend using: "[Short Product Title], by [Shop Name] | Made By Her"
- Description Tag Meta Field - the description of your product if it were to come up in a Google Search. We recommend a brief, to the point description of your product so, if someone is just browsing, they know what it is just by reading the brief description.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org